The Discovery Centre is pleased to offer parent coaching using the Core CommunicationTM framework. This coaching service is geared toward parents and caregivers of special needs children, who wish to communicate more effectively together, working collaboratively to achieve individual and family goals.
This coaching model may be right for you if you are looking to:
- Connect on or coordinate goals (for parents or caregivers struggling to determine or agree on goals)
- Articulate goals more effectively (e.g., pick battles, prioritize)
- Communicate with each other more effectively on daily routines
- Improve on day-to-day language and communication, benefiting behavioural goals
- Communicate more effectively with educators or other professionals on their child’s care team
About Core CommunicationTM
Core CommunicationTM is a an internationally recognized, evidenced-based curriculum designed to help participants gain the skills to listen and communicate more effectively with others. A mediator facilitates structured sessions, developing participants’ abilities to articulate, communicate, and determine solutions.